Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Foraging: A Future Career??

"For those who enjoy spending large amounts of time in the great outdoors, becoming a full-time wild food forager, I think, will become an economically viable profession of the future."

The quote is from Sunny Savage, author of the Wild Food Plants blog. Scroll down to read her entry on Canada Goes Wild. Very interesting--for those of us who live in rural areas and are losing jobs like crazy. We could use some of Canada's creativity in this country.

One part of me thinks this is a neat idea. The other, more cynical darker part of me figures that if everyone is out foraging, then the wonderful plants I want to forage will become rare and harder to find and I'm too selfish to want that to happen.

Nevertheless, it is an interesting piece of information about foraging.
HM

No comments: