Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meet the Herb Blogs

If you're interested in herbs and herbal medicine for your family, then you will want to check out some of these herbalist blogs. I don't read them every day, but then hardly any herbal blogs are posted every day. It is more like once a week or a few times a month. But by reading these blogs, you can greatly increase your knowledge of herbs, herbal lore, and herbal medicine. These are not listed in any particular order but there are ones that I like a lot and have learned a lot from.

The Medicine Woman's Roots

Kiva Rose writes very well and her blog is entertaining, knowledgeable and fascinating. A great resource.

Methow Valley Herbs

Some really neat herbal chai recipes this month.

Kitchen Witchen Beginner Herbal

Tammy says she's a beginner but she's quite wise. I picked up my goldenrod salve from her and Kiva Rose--it's great stuff for sore muscles and arthritis.

Herbal Medicine and Spirit Healing the Wise Woman Way

Susan Weed's excellent webpage. Sign up for her free ezine if you're interested.

The Essential Herbal

The blog supports a magazine that I want a subscription to next time I have extra money.

The Herbwife's Kitchen

Some excellent articles. Use the search function and find what you're looking for.

There are many other really great blogs on herbs. Rather than try and list them all here, see the links on the herbalists' pages above. Click on those and find even more.

Good luck and enjoy!
HM

6 comments:

Lisa Thayer said...

Been following your herb blog and as a herb lover myself you give some very valuable information! Great job!

Lisa,

www.SharpWebLabs.com
www.FloridaHerbHouse.com

marianna pisciotto said...

A great way of preserving herbs is in oil. I chop the herb in a food processor, add plenty Olive oil to cover every bit of the herb and store in the fridge for later use. It will keep for weeks refrigerated. I use it in spoonfuls in my recipes as I need it.
www.boonrepublic.com/isicilian

LifeStyle said...

Most of the people think Herbs as vegetation without realising the power of Herbs.

Herbs are known to cureing acute diseases and keeping human skin, and metabolisem up to optimal level.

The more I read about herbs I get more interested in knowing all types of herbs.

lifestyle

http://www.basicherb.com

Loyce said...

I love making herbal soaps and body products. Just reading and studying the benefits of herbs is so interesting. I suffer from migraines and know that showering with peppermint soap really does help to relieve the pain. I make lavender soap partly because so many request it, but also because I can feel the calming effect it has on me.

Herbal-Soaps

Unknown said...

Very good job and useful information!

Burlington Oven Repair said...

Thank you for writing this blog