Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hodge-Podge



I want to point out a couple of interesting places I've visited recently. Andrea of Chicky-Bit Run (in itself a most interesting blog) turned me on to a great soup page, Soupsong. On this page you can find tons of soup tales, soup jokes, soup this and soup that, including hundreds of recipes for... you guessed it, Soup! As soup is one of my all-time favorite things to eat, I think I'll be spending lots of time here. As I mentioned to Andrea, even though I almost never make a soup exactly as a recipe describes, I have maybe 4 or 5 soup cook books. I even love pictures of soup. Here's a link to a duck soup I'll definitely want to try. I once made a stew out of duck, sweet potatoes and wild rice. It was one of the best things I'd ever made, since the textures and flavors melded together into a heavenly dish. Makes my mouth water to think of it. YUM.

The other site I stumbled upon the other day, I'm not sure how. Probably through following links from other blogs. Anyway, it is called Pretty Smart Natural Ideas. It's not a huge blog with lots of posts, but check the past months and the links. You'll find lots of interesting herbal creams and ointments, lip balms, cleaning formulas and other useful and interesting ideas. The author lives in New York City, but is certainly up on natural ideas! Worth checking out. I'll be back to blogging tomorrow, it was a busy week!
Onwards,
HM

4 comments:

Andrea said...

::blush:: Thanks for the nod, HM!

That natural stuff site is great! I'm interested in learning about dried herbs and essential oils and their healing properties, but so far, I've only dipped my little toe into the naturalistic pond. My first experiment is going to be sweet almond oil...a friend in CA told me it makes a great weekly conditioning treatment.

Mechanic in Illinois said...

Thanks for all the free info. My wife likes soup and it works out well because she owns an antique mall and spends lots of time there and now that I'm retired I'm her slave and personal cook.

Patricia said...

Andrea, you're more than welcome, and it is all true, so no blushing. :)

Mechanic: one thing I really like about soup--it's hard to screw it up. Too salty is about the worst you can do, and that's easy enough to solve by adding more water, broth and ingredients until the balance is right again. Enjoy!
HM

Ric Clayton said...

I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/