Friday, January 1, 2010

Wrecked...

My brother and I were in a nasty car wreck on Monday. We survived, thanks to seat belts and airbags, but the car didn't. I've been a safe and careful driver for 30 some years, but somehow I managed to drive into a big truck. Little car, big truck, big truck won. Now we have the fun of paying all our medical expenses out of pocket because the insurance company sneakily makes you *buy* medical expenses coverage extra, but somehow neglected to mention it to me when I purchased the coverage. Oh well. Life and learn.

I could easily get into a huge snit over this and be angry and bitter and hurt and all of that emotional tirade crap, but you know what? If you do one HUGE thing for your health and sanity, it would be to circumnavigate the swampy morass of emotional self-pity. It would ONLY hurt me if I got all angry and bitter, etc. So, I am going to focus on the positive (both Terry and I are OK, sore but OK). Getting an airbag in your face is quite an experience though, I tell you. POW, just like in the cartoons. But to my surprise the things worked and for that I am grateful!

So, no fretting. Accept what is, look at reality straight and deal with it. Our lives did not end in a bloody awful wreck and that is a huge blessing. I think--don't know what with what sounds like a horrible future coming soon to your neighborhood and mine, but I'll take whatever blessings the good Lord sends my way.

Onwards, the only direction there is,
HM

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a way to start the year.Glad you are both ok.

God Bless and better luck for the rest of the year.

See Ya

aromatic said...

So glad you are both okay!!
Wishing you A Very Happy New Year!!
Jane xxx

Anonymous said...

HM, good to hear you got through that experience without physical harm. I hope the New Year brings you all you need:)

Mayberry said...

I'm happy y'all are ok. As for "insurance", it's the biggest ripoff known to mankind...

Patricia said...

Thanks for all your kind comments, folks. Yep, insurance is a ripoff. And it isn't easy to focus on the blessings when the bad stuff is right there in your face, but that's what is required. Thanks!
HM

sunni said...

Like everyone else, I'm glad neither of you were more seriously injured. And you can be pretty certain that the rest of the year will be an improvement from there ...

HermitJim said...

I am so glad you are OK...that's a blessing for sure!

Things can only get better, right!

Ric Clayton said...

I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/